UNM has selected Canvas by Instructure as our next LMS. Please keep an eye on this site for more information and updates as the transition planning and implementation work progresses.
Implementation Timeline: Spring 2021 — Fall 2022
- Spring 2021 — Summer 2021: Vendor engagement, campus communication, system configuration, implementation planning and projects - SIS (Banner) Integration, 3rd party tool/vendor integrations, assessment of course content migration options, custom development, process redevelopment, student and faculty support planning and implementation (documentation, training, support).
- Fall 2021: Continue system configuration and implementation projects. Initial faculty sandbox and training access (planned for mid-Fall). Course content migration and development. Third-party tool integrations (Zoom, Kaltura, textbook publishers, etc.) and SIS integration work.
- Spring 2022: If possible, limited Pilot Spring 2022 for select Banner academic courses. Temp shells available for migration of Summer and Fall 2022 course content into Canvas.
- Summer 2022: All Summer 2022 courses in Canvas. Final course migration in preparation for Fall 2022.
- Fall 2022: All courses in Canvas.
For up-to-date information on access, training, course migration, etc., please see the Canvas implementation FAQ page. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or join us for a Canvas Chat Friday, October 22nd at 2:00 PM. You can join with this Zoom link.